If you know someone who loves craft beer, you can't go wrong with getting them a gift to help them enjoy their favourite beverage even more! Whether they are a budding homebrewer or just a fan of trying new beers, here are some great gifts to make their beer-drinking experience even better:
- Beer-tasting kit
- Homebrewing starter kit
- Beer-themed glassware
- Beer-themed apparel
- Beer-tasting journal
- Beer-of-the-month subscription
This guide is full of gifts for craft beer lovers. Craft beer is an incredibly popular and growing industry, with numerous microbrewers all over the country specializing in small-batch brews. For anyone who appreciates the creativity, innovation and dedication to quality that goes into each craft beer, a great gift idea can be hard to come by. That’s where this guide comes in!
From novel experiences to the perfect accessories, we’ve put together some awesome gifts for the craft beer aficionado in your life. Whether you are buying for yourself or for someone special, this guide has something for everyone and every budget – even if it’s just fridge Magnets!
From home-brew kits to taproom tours and everything in between, these items will make any craft beer enthusiast hoppy!
- Home-brew kits
- Taproom tours
- Craft beer glasses
- Beer books
- Beer brewing ingredients
- Beer-making kits
- Beer-themed apparel
- Beer-themed accessories
- Beer-making tools
- Fridge magnets
What is Craft Beer?
Craft beer is a type of beer made by small, independent and traditional breweries. It has become increasingly popular due to its unique and varied flavours created by using different ingredients, barrels and processes. Craft beer’s wide range of flavour comes from the malt, hops, yeast and other ingredients that each brewery uses. Craft breweries seek to create unique and interesting beers that are distinctively flavourful, refreshing and often times topic specific.
At its core, craft beer is about creating a product of superior quality with an emphasis on creating innovative beers with big flavours. There are a variety of craft beer styles such as ales, lagers, pilsners, stouts and more that offer an unparalleled range of flavours than those associated with mass-produced beers. The ability for craft brewers to be creative in their beer recipes also leads to seasonal beers based on the time of year as well as experimental one-off batches like sour ales or barrel-aged stouts.
Craft beer enthusiasts enjoy exploring new tastes and trying limited edition releases from their favorite breweries. With its rise becoming more mainstream in recent years gifts for craft beer lovers have become welcome presents all year round!
Benefits of Craft Beer
Craft beer has recently seen a meteoric rise in popularity, and it offers drinkers a unique alternative to mainstream brands. Craft beers are brewed in smaller batches, allowing the brewer to have more control over the flavour profile and provide drinkers with an opportunity to experience interesting flavour combinations not usually found in mass-produced beers.
Whether you’re buying for yourself or looking for a special gift for someone else, craft beer provides an array of benefits. Handcrafted brews provide drinkers with essential vitamins and minerals that come from the grains used to make them. Craft beer is gluten-free as it is made from gluten-free grains and processes. Crafting microbrews can introduce unique flavours like sour fruits, honey, chocolate and much more. Craft beer production also encourages sustainable practices like using local ingredients, reducing waste, reusing materials and using eco-friendly packaging methods.
So if you’re looking for meticulously crafted craft beer gifts, then look no further; craft beers are perfect gifts that allow your loved ones to experience the impressive variety of flavours and quality of fresh microbrews while supporting environmentally sustainable practices at the same time.
Types of Craft Beer
Craft beer lovers enjoy a wide range of unique brews. As with all types of beer, craft beers come in different colours, styles and flavours depending on the ingredients used in the brewing process. Here are some of the most common types you can purchase as a gift for a craft beer lover:
- Ales: Ales, which include pale ales, stout and pale lagers, are characterized by their malt flavour balanced with hop bitterness. These robust beers offer an alcoholic content that is usually higher than 5 percent ABV.
- IPAs: Short for India Pale Ale, this style of beer features various hops that create an intense yet enjoyable bitterness. The flavour is usually more hoppy than a traditional ale due to the additional dry-hopping done during the brewing process. IPAs can have an ABV ranging from 5 to 7 percent or higher.
- Lagers: Lagers are typically light yellow-amber in colour and offer a smooth finish due to their lengthy maturation process. These beers generally have low bitterness levels and high carbonation that balances out their malty sweetness and rich texture. ABV generally ranges from 4 to 6 percent medium amount of hop flavour from traditional varieties like Saaz or Hallertau hops.
- Stouts: Stouts are often dark in colour with roasted malts characterized by coffee or chocolate flavours depending on the variety used during brewing process; they also have often have ABV percentages upwards of 7%. These beers tend to be heavier with malt-forward flavours balanced by earthy notes from traditional English hops like East Kent Goldings or Fuggles hops.
- Pilsners: Pilsners hail from Czechoslovakia where they were first created using local Saaz hops that give them their distinct spicy and herbal note which pairs well with its malty character derived from pilsner malts mostly grown in Germany or Bohemia region located in Central Europe now modern day Czech Republic. They usually average around 4–5% ABV making them right at home anywhere you plan on having a few rounds without becoming too intoxicated quickly due to its strength while at same time still delivering nice full flavourful glass of drinkable easy enjoyable sipping craft beer any time you please.
Popular Craft Beer Gift Ideas
If you're looking for the perfect gift for a craft beer lover, you have plenty of options. From beer-themed home decor and clothing to custom beer brewing kits and accessories, there are lots of great gifts available. Here are some popular ideas when it comes to shopping for the craft beer enthusiast in your life:
- Beer Glassware: One of the most versatile gifts to give is a set of glasses designed specifically for enjoying beers. Look for sets that come with a variety of shapes and sizes, such as tulip glasses, wheat beer glasses, pints and nonic cups.
- Subscription Boxes: Tasting subscription boxes are an excellent way to introduce someone to new seasonal beers or breweries from all over the country. Subscription boxes can be tailored to fit any budget -- from small bundles of four or five beers every month to quarterly deliveries from hand-picked brewers nationwide.
- Homebrewing Kits: You can find starter kits perfect for beginning homebrewers as well as complete systems that allow experienced homebrewers to expand their recipes and explore their creativity. Beer making kits vary in price based on accessories like tanks, pumps and kegging systems, but even basic starter kits have everything needed to get started brewing (with practice) within just a few weeks.
- Apparel: From hats and tees to jackets designed specifically for enjoying a cold one outside, you can find something special that celebrates craft breweries of all sizes across the country (many designs come with colourful logos). If they’re more into showing off their own brewing skills than showing love for specific brands or styles, further simplify your search by looking into subtle pieces bearing generic “Brewer” logos or designs without specific branding elements on them.
Gift Ideas for the Home Brewer
For the home brewer, there are a variety of products and tools to help create the perfect craft beer. From starter kits to advanced kits, it’s easy to find something for every level of craft beer enthusiast.
- Starter Kits – Brewing your own beer can be as easy or as complex as you would like, and starter kits provide everything you need to begin making beer at home. Starter sets come in different sizes and price points, so it’s easy to find something that fits any budget.
- Advanced Kits – For the more serious home brewer, advanced sets provide a variety of specialized tools and ingredients. These sets come with the necessary items for making higher-quality beers such as grain mills, wort chillers, thermometers and hydrometers.
- Yeast Starter Kits – Yeast is an essential ingredient to brewing quality beer, and having a yeast starter kit ensures you get a consistent result every time you brew. A yeast starter kit simplifies the process by providing everything needed for successful fermentation of your homemade brews.
- Barrel Aging Kits – Barrel aging is becoming increasingly popular among hobby brewers looking for new levels of complexity in their ales and lagers. Aging barrels can bring out subtle nuances in beers that can’t be achieved with standard aging methods while also imparting additional flavour profiles depending on the type of barrel used. Barrel kits allow brewers to easily replicate these effects at home with visual instructions included for each step along the way.
Unique Craft Beer Gift Ideas
Finding the perfect present for craft beer lovers can be challenging, so if you’re looking for something special, here are some unique gift ideas. Whether you’re shopping for an avid craft beer fan or someone interested in experimenting with the homebrewing process, there is something for everyone.
- Homebrewing Supplies: Homebrewing has become incredibly popular in recent years and it makes a great gift idea for any craft beer enthusiast. Homebrew kits come with all the supplies they need to make their own compilation of beers, including fermenters, thermometers, hops and yeast – as well as instructional materials to ensure a successful brew.
- Craft Beer Books: Have your loved one explore new craft beers and gain insight into brewing processes through quirky beer books such as “Tasting Beer” by Randy Mosher or “Brew It Yourself” by Joe Formanek. The books contain fascinating information on various brewing techniques and different styles of craft beer that will entertain newbies and experts alike.
- Investments in Craft Beers: Give your friends or family the chance to invest in their favorite breweries with a rare five-pack or floater from a local brewery. These gift sets are typically combined from breweries across the country so avid drinkers have access to an impressive range of unique flavours without leaving their homes!
- Subscription Services: A subscription service allows your recipient to unravel the endlessly tantalizing world of craft brews from specialty locations around the world delivered straight to their doors – what could be better? Think signing up for services like BrewDog which provides ten expertly picked beers each month.
- Beer Giftsets: This is an easy way to help them experience all their favorite kind of beers and expand their palates on different types of brews within various price ranges and diverse styles available in collaborations with other brewers around the world. There are tons of options available such as IPA selections, artisan blendpacks excursions themed collections packaging awesome flavour combos together – perfect when they just can't decide!
Craft beer has become increasingly popular over the years, and gifts for craft beer lovers are plentiful. Whether you’re looking for something for an experienced craft beer aficionado or a novice, there are plenty of options out there to show your appreciation and make their day.
From personalized pub signs and subscription boxes with new beer selections each month to glasses, bottle openers, coasters, caps and even books on craft beers from around the world – there really is something special for every budget and taste. Use this guide as a starting point to track down the perfect gift and watch your beer loving friend light up with joy.
- Personalized pub signs
- Subscription boxes with new beer selections each month
- Bottle openers
- Books on craft beers from around the world